P2P established to support entrepreneurs and small businesses in Southeast
The Path to Prosperity competition elicited 87 applications during the first two years of the innovative business plan competition. We know we can support many others, and expect a strong pool of applicants in our third year.
P2P is a partnership between Haa Aaní, LLC and The Nature Conservancy. Haa Aaní, LLC staff will be visiting Southeast communities to discuss the program and answer questions. “After successful competitions in 2013 and 2014, we are excited to hit the road and encourage entrepreneurs across the region to apply for the 2015 P2P,” said Haa Aaní, LLC Economic Development Coordinator Paul Hackenmueller. “We can’t wait to learn about the great business ideas that are coming out of Southeast communities.”
“Our informational meetings are open to the public and you can learn what P2P can do for your business and how to apply,” said Shawn Blumenshine, Haa Aaní, LLC office administrator. “If you can’t join us in person at a meeting, you can listen in to a free webinar on April 30, 2015 beginning at 5:30 p.m. Webinar details will be posted on www.p2pweb.org.”
2015 Meeting Dates and Locations
- Mon., April 27,12 -1 p.m. Wrangell Cooperative Association Office
- Thurs., April 30, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Webinar Online: visit www.p2pweb.org for details
- Fri., May 1, 12 -1 p.m. Hoonah Indian Association Conference Room
- Mon., May 4, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce
- Tues., May 5, 12 -1 p.m. Metlakatla Town Hall
- Wed., May 6, 12 - 1 p.m. Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce Luncheon (Cape Fox)
- Thurs., May 7, 12- 1 p.m. Hydaburg Alaska Native Brotherhood Hall
- Thurs., May 7, 3 - 4 p.m. Klawock City Hall
- Thurs., May 7, 6 -7 p.m. Craig Tribal Office
- Fri., May 8, 12 - 1 p.m. Kasaan Cafe
- Fri., May 8, 3 - 4 p.m. Thorne Bay City Council Chambers
- Mon., May 11, 5-6 p.m. Angoon Cooperative Association Conference Room
Individuals who are unable to attend a scheduled presentation can arrange a one-on-one appointment by emailing the program administrators at P2P@sealaska.com.
2015 Path To Prosperity Competition Timeline
- March 17, 2015 – Application Period Opens
- April 30, 2015 – Webinar
- May 31, 2015 – Applications Due
- July 7, 2015 – Announce Top 12 Semifinalists
- September 18-20, 2015 – Boot Camp Weekend in Juneau
- December 1, 2015 – Business Plan Submission Deadline
- February 2016 Innovation Summit –Two Winners Announced
The P2P Business Plan competition is open to all Southeast Alaska residents. This includes individuals, for-profit businesses and tribal entities.
To apply or learn more please visit www.p2pweb.org.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 907.586.9251